Something Rotten! Auditions
Longmont Theatre Company announces auditions for Something Rotten! on Saturday, March 19, 2022, Sunday, March 20, 2022 and Call Backs on Monday night March 21 (see below for times). The show is directed by Peter Dearth. To sign up for an audition go to longmonttheatre.org/auditions.
Presented by Longmont Theatre Company (LTC), 513 Main Street, Longmont, CO. The story: Two brothers set out to write the world’s first musical in this hilarious mash-up of sixteenth-century Shakespeare and twenty-first-century Broadway. Set in the 1590s, brothers Nick and Nigel Bottom are desperate to write a hit play but are stuck in the shadow of that Renaissance Rockstar known as “The Bard.” When a local soothsayer foretells that the future of theater involves singing, dancing and acting at the same time, Nick and Nigel set out to write the world’s very first musical. But amidst the scandalous excitement of opening night, the Bottom Brothers realize that reaching the top means being true to thine own self…and all that jazz.
Saturday March 19, 2022 – 10am to 4:00pm, LTC
Sunday, March 20, 5pm to 10pm, Dance Dall, LTC
Monday, March 21, 5pm to 10pm,Call Backs, LTC
Audition Location: LONGMONT PERFORMING ARTS CENTER Longmont Theatre 513 MAIN STREET LONGMONT, CO 80501
Rehearsals Dates: Rehearsals will begin Monday, March 28, 2022 6PM to 10PM at the theatre. Rehearsals will include Saturdays.
Performance Dates: May 13, 14, 20, 21, 27 & 28, 2022 Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm May 15 & 22, 2022 Sundays at 2:00pm To Signup: longmonttheatre.org/auditions
• Please prepare 16-32 bars of an up-tempo in the style of the show which show vocal range & quality. Initial auditions will be primarily singing.
• Please bring a headshot and resume to your appointment if you have them available.
• Also, if you tap dance, please bring tap shoes to the dance call. In addition, character heels for female identifying and character or jazz shoes for male identifying.
• Shakespeare – The Bard. Over the top with a huge ego. Gender: Male Age: 30 to 40 Vocal range top: Ab4 Vocal range bottom: Ab2
• Nick Bottom – A struggling writer who cannot stand Shakespeare. Nigel’s older brother. Gender: Male Age: 30 to 40 Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: A2
• Nigel Bottom (tapping ability preferred) – Nick’s sweet younger brother. A struggling writer who falls in love with Portia, a Puritan. Gender: Male Age: 30 to 40 Vocal range top: A4 Vocal range bottom: Eb3
• Bea – Nick’s wife. She loves Nick despite his past lack of success. She dresses up like a man to prove she can be an actor. Gender: Female Age: 30 to 40 Vocal range top: D5 Vocal range bottom: D3
• Portia – A Puritan woman who loves poetry, theater, and ultimately Nigel. Gender: Female Age: 20 to 35 Vocal range top: F#5 Vocal range bottom: G3
• Nostradamus – A soothsayer Gender: Male Age: 40 to 50
• Brother Jeremiah – Portia’s father. A Puritan who thinks Nick and Nigel’s plays are sinful. Gender: Male Vocal range top: G4 Vocal range bottom: G3
• Lord Clapham – A posh patron of the theater. Gender: Male
• Shylock – An investor to whom Nick and Nigel are in debt. Gender: Male
• Minstrel – Gender: Male Vocal range top: A4 Vocal range bottom: C#3
• Ensemble – Roles include: Minstrel, Townspeople, Troupe, Lord Clapham, Shylock, Man Servants, Crowd, Chorus, and more
Compensation: • Stipends considered, Comp tickets
Somthing Rotten! Book By: Karey Kirkpatrick and John O’Farrell Music and Lyrics By: Wayne and Karey Kirkpatrick