||Saturday, May 6th, 2017, from 1:00 to 4:00 Auditions are by appointment. Complete the audition request form, and you’ll be contacted to set up an appointment.
Callbacks will be on Saturday, May 13, 2017, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. You only come to callbacks if you are, in fact, called back.
||Prepare a MEMORIZED Shakespearean monologue NO LONGER than two minutes. (If you already have a memorized monologue that is longer, please perform only two minutes of it.)
Please bring a resume, a headshot photo, and list of conflicts from May 14, 2017 through August 6, 2017.
Performances will be on weekends from July 15 through August 6, in various locations along the northern Front Range.
All cast members are expected to help on a construction weekend or two, and to arrange their transportation to the venues.
||For the first audition:
1. Were the instructions followed?
– 2 minute (or less) monologue
– From a Shakespearean play
2. Was the auditioner prepared?
– Arrived on time
– Rehearsed monologue
– Aware of their schedule and conflicts
3. Did the auditioner understand their material?
– What play is their piece from
– Who is their character
– Why are they speaking
– What are they saying
For the second audition
1. Comfort and confidence level on stage
2. Ability to work well in groups
3. Positive, open, and respectful attitude
4. Appropriate fit with the part(s) the actor is auditioning for
- Cast is listed alphabetically, NOT according to the size of the role
- Some characters can be cast outside of their listed age range/physical appearance
- Some characters may be cast as either gender
- Adam: Male, elderly (60’s – 80’s). Oliver’s faithful manservant. Escapes with him into exile
- Amiens: Male, 20’s – 60’s. Musician in Duke Senior’s company. Must be able to sing. Ability to play an instrument a bonus.
- Audrey: Female, 20’s – 30’s. A simple-minded farmgirl being wooed by Touchstone
- Celia: Female, 20’s – 30’s. Duke Frederick’s daughter, Rosalind’s cousin and dearest friend. She flees with Rosalind into exile when her father threatens her. Very smart, witty, loyal, brave.
- Charles: Male, 20’s – 40’s. Large and intimidating. Wrestler in Duke Frederick’s employment
- Corin: Male, 40’s – 60’s. A wise, salt-of-the-earth farmer
- De Boys: Male, 20’s – 40’s. Brings message to Duke Senior of Duke Frederick’s conversion
- Dennis: Male, 20’s – 60’s. A servant of Oliver
- Duke Frederick: Male, 40’s – 60’s. Has violently usurped the throne of his brother, Duke Senior. Father of Celia. Has a cruel nature and a volatile temper.
- Duke Senior: Male, 40’s – 60’s. Has lost the throne to his brother, Duke Frederick, and escaped into exile with his faithful company. Father of Rosalind. Is kind and fair-minded, but a strong and admirable leader
- First/Second Lords: Males, 20’s – 60’s. Part of either Duke Frederick or Duke Senior’s company
- Hymen: Male, 20’s – 60’s. The mythological God of Marriage. A powerful presence.
- Jaques: Male, 40’s – 60’s. A faithful member of Duke Senior’s company. Possessed of a hopelessly melancholy disposition. Very smart, and darkly funny.
- Le Beau: Male, 20’s – 60’s. A servant of Duke Frederick.
- Orlando: Male, 20’s – 30’s. Younger brother to Oliver who has treated him badly since the death of their father. Falls in love with Rosalind and becomes determined to win her. Brave, romantic, impetuous, a bit naive
- Oliver: Male, 20’s – 30’s. Older brother to Orlando. Heir to their father’s estate. Resents Orlando for being “better” than him and wants to see him fail
- Phoebe: Female, 20’s – 30’s. A farm girl being wooed by Silvius, to whom she is rather cruel. Proud, disdainful, bold.
- Rosalind: Female, 20’s – 30’s. Daughter to the exiled Duke Senior and dearest friend and cousin to Celia. Falls in love with Orlando, but must disguise herself as a man and flee her uncle’s estate when he threatens her. Later uses her disguise to both woo Orlando and educate him in the ways of women. Independent, strong willed, charming, and very intelligent.
- Silvius: Male, 20’s – 30’s. A farm boy desperately in love with Phoebe, who spurns him at every opportunity. Naive, gentle, hopelessly in love, determined.
- Sir Oliver Martext: Male, 30’s – 60’s. An officiate hired to marry Touchstone and Audrey in a quick and dirty wedding in the woods. Not particularly competent
- Touchstone: Male, 20’s – 40’s. A professional fool/entertainer in Duke Frederick’s company. He flees with Rosalind and Celia to exile. Incredibly intelligent, but also hilariously vulgar, bawdy, unromantic, and critical of everyone and everything.
- William: Male 20’s – 40’s. A farmer and simpleton in love with Audrey, and thus, Touchstone’s competition. Slow and humble, no match for Touchstone’s intellect or wit