The mission of the Longmont Theater Company is to provide high quality entertainment with a strong educational component for and by the citizens of the Greater Boulder County area and to successfully manage a self-sufficient performing arts center.
Longmont Performing Arts Center History
The Longmont Performing Arts Center, at 513 Main Street, is a delightful Art Deco movie theatre owned and operated by the Longmont Theatre Company. It has been renovated into a live play house, featuring a 1100+ square foot stage, dressing rooms, limited back stage space, professional theatrical lighting and sound; and a beautiful lobby, ticketing area and concession stand. It is the result of the dream of a group of wonderful actors, actresses and technical crew who wanted their very own theatre. Thanks to the generous support of Longmont and Richard W. Klein, that dream came true in 1991.
Today, we produce seven or more shows a year at the Longmont Performing Arts Center, including
- Five or more main season shows including musicals, comedies and dramas
- Special shows at Halloween and Christmas
- Summer shows produced by the New Generation Theatre Academy
- A free, fully-staged Shakespeare show provided by our Taste of Shakespeare troupe.
- Special appearances by our singing group, Standing Room Only